Risk assessment of suspect transactions doesn’t always result in conclusive accept or reject dispositions. In these cases, and when the new customer value or the transaction value is high enough, it pays off to do a manual review of a transaction.
Manual Review can be performed by your staff or by Conectys’ trained multilingual fraud analysts. This step can also be shared between your risk experts and Conectys’ risk experts, as all transactions to be screened are managed in FraudBreaker’s online secure web based workflow tool, accessible by both your in-house staff and Conectys' fraud analysts.
Manual checks include but are not limited to:
· Manual identity checks through different country-specific sources
· Contacting the customer by phone or email
· Contacting issuing banks by phone or email
· Contacting issuing credit card companies by phone or email
· Checking identity against international or national black lists
· Other custom checks
Manual review should be limited to a minimum (as it is labor intensive and thus cost intensive) and should be carefully tuned to only touch orders of high enough profit value and/or for new customer onboarding.